2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken
1/4 cup Chinese black vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
8 small dried red chilies
4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1−inch squares
1 can (8 oz.) sliced bamboo shoots, drained
2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
1/3 cup roasted peanuts
1. Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl. Cut chicken into 1−inch pieces.
Place chicken in marinade and stir to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl.
3. Place a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to
coat sides. Add chilies and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10
seconds. Add chicken and stir−fry for 2 minutes. Remove chicken and
chilies from wok.
4. Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil to wok, swirling to coat sides. Add garlic
and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add celery, bell
pepper, and bamboo shoots; stir−fry for 1 1/2 minutes.
5. Return chicken and chilies to wok; stir−fry for 1 minute. Add sauce and
bring to a boil. Add cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until sauce
boils and thickens. Add peanuts and stir to coat.